Tips From the Pedicure Pros
Here is a compilation of pampering pedicure tips from friends!
- Coat feet with petroleum jelly or cow udder balm and wear a pair of cotton socks for a few hours or overnight. This will soften them up, especially the heel area.
- Mary Kay buffing cream works great; add the super overnight cream for super dry skin (looks like pink Vaseline), wash it off with the body gel, then rinse, pat dry, and apply lotion. It really works.
- Soak in warm water with Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil (Avon) for about 10 minutes. Use a pumice stone to take off rough skin on heels, etc. Dry with towel and moisturize with lotion. Trim nails, add nail polish, and your feet are sandal-ready.
- Paraffin wax pedicures make your feet extremely soft because your feet absorb the lanolin out of the wax. Worth every dime. Now you can get them to do it yourself at home!
- Try to take care of your feet year round. Foot soaks are nice if you have the time! While your feet are still damp, rub them with a clean, dry washcloth or towel. This will help remove any remaining dead skin and calluses.