Hot Rocks Pedicure
- Large bowl or foot bath
- Handful of warm, round clean pebbles (about 15)
- Jumbo pot to heat the stones
- Nail file
- Foot buffer or pumice stone
- Great scented oil of your choice (find one at you local health store)
- Polishes: base coat, top coat, color
- Cuticle cream
- Heavy foot cream or petroleum jelly
- Orange sticks
- Toe polishing separators or rolled paper towels
- 2-3 fresh flowers, petals removed
- Pitcher filled with warm (not too hot) water
- 2 fluffy towels
- Relaxation CD
- Pot of herbal tea
Heat stones by bringing water to a boil around them. Heat for 3-4 minutes. Use tongs to remove from hot water and place in the bottom of the foot bath. Wrap one fluffy towel around your basin. Drizzle scented oil over the stones. Sprinkle petals in the bottom of the basin. Add 1 inch of warm water.
Buff rough skin and file nails before the urge to plunge overtakes you. Gently apply cuticle smoother into your cuticles. Place feet on warm stones. Coat feet and legs with heavy cream while massaging the bottoms of your feet with stones.
Pour the warm water from the pitcher into the bowl and plunge feet. Push back and remove cuticle cream. Use smaller rocks to apply pressure to heals and balls of foot. Have a cup of tea, turn on the CD, and relax for a long time!
Dry feet with towel and clean toenails with a light astringent. Polish with base coat, color and top coat for a lasting memory of your hot rocks experience!